Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About clock rate of USRP E100

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About clock rate of USRP E100
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:16:22 -0800

As it is currently set up, there are only 2 clock rates. The OMAP processor can run at up to 720 MHz. This clock rate is independent of the FPGA, ADC, and DAC clocks.

The ADC clock can run as high as 64 MS/s. The DAC always runs at exactly double the rate of the ADC. The FPGA is normally running at the same speed as the ADC, but you could conceivably run at 2x or 1.5x if you want to go faster, or a number of speeds if you want to go slower.

We have not tried changing the FPGA/ADC/DAC clock during normal operation, but I don't think it would be worth the trouble to change it dynamically.

Matt