Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finally compiled USRP2 code works fine with UDPim

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finally compiled USRP2 code works fine with UDPimage ...but not with compiled Raw Ethernet Image
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:10:38 -0500

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Gabriel Morel
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If you don't trust me, try it.  Use Xilinx on Windows, create a project and
> put in all file of all different makefile in the repo for USRP2 with
> u2_rev3.v in top.  Implement top module and create the bin file.  After,
> give me some news plz.  It's not  loosing time, nobody had answer to my
> question and somebody have same problem than me.  Thx a lot.
>
> Gab

Instead of creating a new project, have you tried simply using the
supplied Makefile and calling make from cygwin instead? I have never
tried building the image from a Windows install of Xilinx - but in
general the supplied makefile gives Xilinx the correct
optimization/etc. settings to ensure the build works correctly. I'll
note that while the instructions on
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/images.html may not be
exactly step by step, they do lay out that the build environment uses
make, and in which directories the corresponding Makefiles can be
found. Examining them will likely be very helpful if you wish to make
modifications to the FPGA image - just as understanding the complete
build environment will be just as important as Verilog/VHDL coding
skills. I have never found that trying to re-create the project in the
Xilinx GUI to be at all useful as far as getting working hardware is
concerned.
 Doug

--
Doug Geiger