[Discuss-gnuradio] constellation object

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] constellation object
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:40:20 -0700

Hi all,

What do people think of introducing a constellation object into gnuradio?

It would hold the constellation points and also a decision-making function.
New modulations could then be easily created by subclassing a constellation.

It would also mean that the decision-making function for a given
modulation could
easily be used by different receivers (i.e. the standard receiver and
the ofdm receiver would
both use the same decision making code for a given modulation).

I've already had a go at implementing this on my repo.

https://github.com/benreynwar/gnuradio/blob/master/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general/gr_constellation.h
https://github.com/benreynwar/gnuradio/blob/master/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general/gr_constellation_receiver_cb.h
https://github.com/benreynwar/gnuradio/blob/master/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks2impl/qam.py
https://github.com/benreynwar/gnuradio/blob/master/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks2impl/generic_mod_demod.py