Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi all, can I use one RX receive a wideband signa

From: James Jordan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi all, can I use one RX receive a wideband signal and then seperate it to many narrowband signals
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:22:39 +0800

Marcus, Thanks for reply.
That is make sense, so the point become how to convert the signal to baseband.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/20/2011 09:42 PM, James Jordan wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> This is very old topic. I have read a DSP book. But I find that I
> still not very understand channelizer.
> Why in channelizer use low pass filter, in my imagine channelizer will
> use band pass filter to filter each
> channel like that: 600Mhz baseband signal have 4 channel each channel
> have 100Khz bandwidth.
> so the channel freq is: 599.8Mhz 599.9Mhz 600Mhz 600.1Mhz. So I need 4
> bandpass filter to filter each
> channel but actually the channelizer use lowpass filter, so why?

I know you've asked Tom, but he's on the road.  I haven't looked at the
Gnu Radio channelizer, but one
 way to implement a channelizer is to convert all the signals to
baseband, then low-pass filter.That
 way, all channels are at baseband when you're done.

Does that make sense?

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium