Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio is disappointing [was: Greeting and a qu

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio is disappointing [was: Greeting and a question]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:43:10 +0100

Hi Martin,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:19:37 +0100, Martin Braun <address@hidden>
wrote:
> And with all the drawbacks and bugs that GNU Radio has, there's nothing
> comparable in the open source domain. So if GNU Radio really sucks,
> then how about a proper discussion on what's wrong. And not about which
> HF-frontend costs how much.

Here's my top three wish list. GNU Radio needs:

1. A properly designed digital receiver chain of some cool standard
(e.g. DMB, DVB...)
demonstrating the modularity and usability of GNU Radio.
2. Usable, clean graphical sinks (a la Simulink) - fftsink is a quick
hack.
3. Documentation (for the average Joe, the source is not enough...).

Jens