Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD won't work with GRC

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD won't work with GRC
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:54:12 +0100

Hi Fabian,

Did you set the PYTHONPATH?
It should be set to PREFIX/lib/python2.6/site-packages where PREFIX is
whatever you have specified during "./configure --prefix=..."
(/usr/local if you haven't specified anything). Check the directory,
there should be a subdirectory called gnuradio and one called
grc_gnuradio.

A few other notes:

It seems you have two UHD installations:
>> ./usr/local/lib/libuhd.so
>> ./opt/uhd/lib/libuhd.so
You should uninstall one of them (btw. is there really a '.' in the
path's above?)

You should not specify multiple locations for the installed libraries,
i.e. if you install UHD in /opt/uhd you should add /opt/uhd/lib to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH but not the source location. The same for GNU Radio
libraries.

It looks like you have installed boost 1.37 from source. While that's
okay, it is only required for Ubuntu 8.04 or older and you may get
into trouble if you have also installed a binary package from Ubuntu
repository.

It seems many newcomers become confused with the Ubuntu installation
instructions. I think it is because it covers many versions going all
the way back to 6.10 so a lot of information is irrelevant for those
who use a recent version of Ubuntu. I'll try to find some time to fix
that by splitting the page in two.

Alex