[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio's Direction

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio's Direction
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:17:49 -0500

I want to make a few announcements about what's happening in GNU
Radio. First, as I announced on my blog a little bit ago, we are
working on release 3.3.1. This should be done and ready for testing
shortly. Once that is done, we need to begin thinking about the 3.4
release of GNU Radio. And here's where I would like your help. What do
you want out of GNU Radio?

To start this discussion, feel free to use the listserv, but Johnathan
Corgan and I would like to start a bimonthly conference call to hash
out the roadmap for GNU Radio. When we have everything set up and a
time picked, I will provide the details. It will be done over SIP, so
if you are really interested in participating, I invite you now to get
a SIP client program set up. There are many free SIP phones out there
for all different operating systems. I have been successful in using
Twinkle under both Linux and Windows as a recommendation if you don't
know where to start.

Finally, I want to announce that we will be holding a GNU Radio
conference later this year. Many details are yet to be determined, and
so this is also a call for participation. We are looking to host it
sometime in September of 2011 in Philadelphia, PA, likely on the
campus of the University of Pennsylvania. Cost for attending will be
as small as possible; enough to cover the costs of putting it on.

Tom