Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LD_LIBRARY_PATH root question

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LD_LIBRARY_PATH root question
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 18:14:15 +0200

Aha, thanks!

Lots to learn....

Patrik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Rondeau" <address@hidden> To: "Patrik Tast" <address@hidden>; "GNURadio Discussion List" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 17:28

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Patrik Tast <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All,

I use fedora 9-13.
I've setup the USERNAME/.bashrc to point at python and other shared
libraries, all works fine as USERNAME.

My question is: If I login as USERNAME, then in terminal su root and start
a GR py it will fail due to it can't find some libraries (boost).
I must always do an export first

Where do I declare LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly for root (or any user) access at
startup?
At the moment I've declared paths in /root/.bash_profile, but when rebooted it complains and an export is needed to shared library path:s inorder to run
GR

Patrik

If you have to su, you can pass it the -p (or -m) flag and that will
preserve your environment (see man su; there's a restriction on PATH
when doing this).

You should also be able to edit /etc/bash.bashrc (might be different
in Fedora, but something similar should be there) to make common
environments shared among all users.

Tom