[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP source + UHD driver and data formatting

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP source + UHD driver and data formatting
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 01:04:10 -0500 (EST)

Did the USRP IQ data format change in the UHD driver?  The data from the USRP1 used to be 15-bit fixed point, or something like that, is it now normalized floating point data?  I'm asking because I have code that moves data from the USRP to a Fixed-point DSP and it seems I have to redo the data conversion part so can someone explain to me the new IQ data format?

Also is this the same data format expected for the USRP sink?

thanks

al fayez