[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: FUNCube dongle

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: FUNCube dongle
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:26:10 +0100

schrieb Alexandru Csete am 2011-02-19 17:46:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Patrik Tast <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Has anybody tried the FUNCube USB dongle?
>> http://www.funcubedongle.com/
>>
>> How tricky would it be to add GNU Radio support for it?
>
> I'm not sure if it makes sense to create a GNU Radio block for this
> since the FCD is already an audio source and a block is not necessary
> for setting frequency and such. I guess it would still be useful for
> using it in GRC applications.

I think this would be of great use. The FCB is based on the Softrock DDS
design, which evolved to a family of different solutions, with the
common factor of a stereo sound interface and a HID interface for
control like frequency, source multiplexer switch and filter banks.
AFAIK the HID commands are the same in most of these designs. Treating
the system as a single interface much like a USRP would get users rid of
extra programs and doing things every time over again.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>
Student of Telemati_cs_, Techn. University Graz, Austria