Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How many tunable parameters in GNU radios?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How many tunable parameters in GNU radios?
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:18:38 -0500

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Rachel Li <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All:

I have a very general question, does anyone know how many tunable parameters (approximately) are there in GNU radio (e.g. USRP1)?

Suppose two radios need to get/set each other's parameters, in the conventional approach, they need a fixed protocol, the number of tunable parameters will effect the design of the protocol. I am using a different approach in which the radios use a common language to "talk" to each other, therefore, they can use this language to exchange singling messages and doesn't need a fixed protocol.

If anyone knows the answer of my question, it would be very helpful for the evaluation of my approach!

Thanks very much!

Rachel

Difficult question, Rachel, because it depends greatly on the application you create. If you are just talking about what parameters the USRP has, that's a more constrained set of parameters. There, you basically have frequency, gain, and sample rate.

You could create a flow graph that does more, though, such as modulation, equalizer, filtering, or anything else you can put together using current (or future) GNU Radio components.

Tom