Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design.py error

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design.py error
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:26:20 +0100

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM, I3VFJ <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Tom for quick response!
>
> Sorry, it was my mistake.... I miss the last 'make install' ...... too late
> in the night :(
> After double check next evening I'd found it, but no way....
>
> Now I get this :
>
> /usr/bin/python -u  "/usr/local/bin/gr_filter_design.py"
> Could not import from pyqt_filter. Please build with "pyuic4 pyqt_filter.ui
> -o pyqt_filter.py"
>
> ...what's wrong ???

gr_filter_design.py can not find pyqt_filter.py

> Launching that from shell ( via sudo... ) the answer is that is impossible
> to find pyqt_filter.ui.
> No sign of life with "find"... any suggestion ?

Quick fix:
Edit /usr/local/bin/gr_filter_design.py at line 27 replace:
    from pyqt_filter import Ui_MainWindow
with:
    from gnuradio.pyqt_filter import Ui_MainWindow

Alternatively, you can execute it in the source tree (assuming that it
has been built and .ui compiled):
gr-utils/src/python/gr_filter_design.py
You will also find the pyqt_filter.ui there

Alex