Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 3.3.0 howto-write-a-block

From: honglonglong
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 3.3.0 howto-write-a-block
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:41:06 +0800

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 09:11 +0100, Martin Braun wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 09:44:31AM +0800, honglonglong wrote:
> > > I recommend startіng like this:
> > > - Create your own module using the create-gnuradio-out-of-tree-project
> > >   command. This will rename the module from 'howto' to something else.
> > > - Give it a try, compile the entire thing and run the qa code.
> > > - Add a block of your own. You can use gr_modtool.py from
> > >   https://www.cgran.org/wiki/devtools, which automatically updates your
> > >   Makefiles and creates skeleton code for a new block.
> > Can I still follow the tutorial howto to add this block? I also try the
> > gr_modtool.py. I copy it to the system's search path /usr/lib64 but when
> > I run the command it says command not found. Is it anything wrong?
>
> You can still follow the tutorial, but remember that some things have
> changed (e.g. paths). The ideas are still the same.
>
> I doubt that /usr/lib64 is your search path.
> More likely /usr/local/bin, or, better still, ~/bin.
> Try the command 'echo $PATH'.

Glad you help. However, I moved it to my search path (which displayed in echo
$PATH) later, it still cannot work.

Am I typing right?
I tried both "sudo gr_modtool.py help" and "sudo ./gr_modtool.py help" as the
wiki says.
It still says "sudo:gr_modtool.py:command not found."

I find no similar case on the internet :(

cheers,
honglonglong