[Discuss-gnuradio] RX Gain (UHD vs libusrp2)

From: Gaetano Mendola
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RX Gain (UHD vs libusrp2)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:45:06 +0000

Hi all,
I'm in the process to migrate our software currently using the old
libusrp2 to use the UHD.
My daughter board of reference is the WBX.
With the libusrp2 the gain range was [0, 31.5] while with UHD is [0, 38].
I have noticed that now with UHD is possible to set (apart the overall
gain chain) the gain for the following elements:

WBX-PGA0  with a range [0.0, 31.5]
ADC-digital   with a range [0.0, 6.0]
ADC-digital-fine  with a range [0.0, 0.5]

this means that using the libusrp2 those two ADC gains were set to 6.0
and 0.5 giving then the user the ability
to change only the WBX-PGA0?

Even setting ADC-digital = 6.0, ADC-digital-fine = 0.5 and setting the
WBX-PGA0 to same value used with libusrp2
the result is not the same as in I'm losing something like 20 dB.
Is this expected ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

--