Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T software for USRP?

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T software for USRP?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:32:23 +0200

Hi Vincenzo,

> so far I have not released the Soft-DVB code for a bunch of reasons,
> which include Soft-DVB code base being one of the main tools of our MA
> research here at DSPCoLa, Università di Pisa.

I know that this has come up before, but I still would like to
encourage
you to rethink this position. You could raise the profile of DSPCoLa
by making the code open source under some (e.g. BSD-style) license
that assures credit.

Research will only improve with feedback and more people will see
your name and the name of your research institution. Win-win strategy,
don't you agree?

Best regards,
Jens