Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,

From: Mark Colin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 03:15:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Josh,
>> From your email, it looks like you did those things. When you run uhd_find_devices, the driver will actually load a firmware image
>>and reset the USRP (if this is the first time it was powered up). You should see the device disconnect and connect when this happens.
>>Anything like that happening?
    I downloaded the image and I put the usrp1_fw.ihx and usrp1_fpga.rbf into a directory named image and I set the PATH
to that image directory.
   When I power up the USRP1 it shows in the DeviceManager the LibUSB-Win32 Devices -> USRP
 filter (VID=FFFE; PID=0004), but when running the
uhd_find_devices there's no change, the device is not disconnected and reconnected, I don't get any error message, nothing; from ...\UHD\bin>uhd_find_devices.exe
comes back to ...\UHD\bin>.
  I have Win XP installed on my laptop, no virtual machine. Really I don't know what's wrong (UHD is installed, image PATH is set) with it and
what could I do with it to make it run.
>> FYI, I uploaded a new gnuradio installer for windows, and added
>> instructions which can be found here:
>> http://www.joshknows.com/gnuradio_port#windows_binary_install

  I downloaded and installed it as you described it, when trying to run that gnuradio\bin\gnuradio-companion.py I received an error message "Cannot import gnuradio.
Are your PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly?" even if I set PYTHONPATH and PATH correctly, I checked and double-checked it (I'm using the
Rapid Environment
 Editor).

Thanks,
Mark.