Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error when using UHD, GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error when using UHD, GRC
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:05:13 -0700

On 04/26/2011 03:55 PM, Mark Colin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    regarding my previous question I checked GRC and saw that WX GUI or QT GUI
> can be choosed, for some example I added some sliders for variables from QT
> GUI
> Widgets and I received some other error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "D:\TestProjects\Test\dial_tone.py", line 17, in <module>
>
>     import PyQt4.Qwt5 as Qwt
>
>   File "D:\Environment\Python27\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\Qwt5\__init__.py",
> line
> 32, in <module>
>
>     from Qwt import *
>
> RuntimeError: the PyQt4.QtCore module is version -1 but the PyQt4.Qwt5.Qwt
> module requires version 0
>
> I tried to find any explanation to this error but no success. Why it requires
> other version? I installed latest versions from each installer.

Did you get the qwt installer from here:
http://www.ettus.com/downloads/gnuradio/other_deps_with_installers/

The one from qwt's website is all messed up. I should also warn you to
not use the slider. The other ranged elements are fine, somehow they
messed up the slider. If you build pyqwt from source it works fine, I
have no idea why their installers are so wonky.

-Josh