Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio sink busy / segfaults of WX FFT + WX Waterf

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio sink busy / segfaults of WX FFT + WX Waterfall
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:18:39 -0400

> I've never seen/heard of those guys segfaulting before. Can you
> provide the settings of the blocks you are using? I've used the FFT
> and Waterfall sinks directly connected to a USRP source (both UHD and
> the legacy interface) with no problems.
>
> Tom

I've seen this, and tracked it down to stuff inside of OpenGL (my fave
windmill to tilt at).  The
  OpenGL "ecosystem" is just broken.  Certain types of display hardware
cause it ulcers, so the
  segfaulting can appear random, because it only happens on certain
display hardware.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium