Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK modulation

From: Vijay Pillai
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK modulation
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

HI Pascal,

If you google for GRC tutorials, you should easily find some good ones on the web. FSK is definitely possible to the best of my knowledge.

Data packets with header,.. CRC can be transmitted but I think you need to store the bit sequence in a file and the received and demodulated data also gets stored in a file. I think it might be possible to dynamically generate CRC, data and all, but this needs some special custom block at least within GRC (anyone please feel free to correct me).  If you do figure out how to do this, please do write up a tutorial on this :-)

You can easily get I/Q data at least with python and GRC. Alexandru Csete, a poster on this forum has written some good examples that cover all of the above (you can easily google his website and download all the GRC examples that he has written; thank you Alex!!).

Best regards,
-Vijay