[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP n210 confusion

From: Jaco Meintjes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP n210 confusion
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:58:21 +0200

Hi,

I am new to gnuradio and uhd. If the n210 is a "uhd only device" what did previous devices use? I am asking because I am aware that the usrp2 python examples don't work with the uhd images.

What I understand from the post at http://old.nabble.com/Status-of-UHD-supporting-GNU-Radio-Python-Examples-td30829593.html is that uhd does not yet support python. Is this correct? If not how does one modify the usrp2 python examples to be compatible with uhd and does this mean that gnuradio-companion is not supported by uhd? If my assumption is correct I take it one can only write uhd applications in cpp??? Would it still be possible to use the gnuradio signal processing blocks within these applications as they are cpp as well?

Sorry for all the questions... Any response would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jaco

and is believed to be clean.