Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about E100

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about E100
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 18:03:08 -0400

On 05/06/2011 05:07 PM, Philip Balister wrote:
On 05/06/2011 04:51 PM, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 16:29, Philip Balister<address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/05/2011 05:42 PM, Scott Johnston wrote:

Hi,

Has anybody out there done any development on the DSP? What tools are
available to program it? I have used TI's code composer in the past to
program DSPs, is there something comparable to that included with E100,
or is it easy to get it? What I would like to be able to do is obtain
common C libraries and compile C code to run on the DSP.

You can build an image with dsp support by following the notes at:

http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/Install_OpenEmbedded

I'll post a copy of the image next week.

To run the demos, you'll need to modify the kernel boot args to create a
memory hole. This is (barely) documented on the interwebs. Next time I
update u-boot, I'll include an extra variable to make it easier to
create
the memory hole.

On a related question - have anyone tried SysLink on Gumstix/E100?

I'm just getting into this staff and trying to understand what tools
are the best to use for DSP on OMAP/DaVinci/Integra.

Good question :)

More information on syslink is here:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:SysLink

I see a recipe to make syslink in OE, but it pulls from a git repo. I'll
ask what sort of state it is in.

Apparently there is no official syslink for OMAP3 at the moment. This may change in the future. Sounds like you should focus on dsplink for now.

Philip