Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementation of dynamic spectrum access

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementation of dynamic spectrum access
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 18:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Yang,

My master work is on this topic. I have a recent paper on this which as

M. Adib Sarijari, Rozeha A. Rashid, N. Fisal, A. C. C. Lo, S. K. S. Yusof,
N. H. Mahalin.
http://trg.fke.utm.my/members/adib/publications/WWRF%202011-2(2).pdf Dynamic
Spectrum Access Using Cognitive Radio Utilizing GNU Radio and USRP . WWRF
2011, Doha.

more on my work can be found in my website:

Tom Rondeau wrote:
> Yang,
> I was talking about benchmark_rx.py, not the transmitter. There is a
> callback (sorry, not actually a thread) that sits and waits for a message
> from the demod chain called rx_callback. I'm suggesting that you use a
> similar technique to send a message about the frequency information, and
> then you could use the callback to set the frequency of the device.
> I'm also not talking about a simple drop-in replacement for any code that
> we
> have. We have a lot of examples that will all do various pieces of what
> you
> want, and you are going to have to synthesize them to make your DSA
> application.
> Tom

Tom, its very interesting to see and learn your work on DSA. could you
forward this paper to us in the forum? i think the paper is not uploaded
yet. plus, its also great if I can try the code that you have done. is it
open to be download, tested and learned?

we also have a work on parallel sensing and transmit which will eliminate
the sensing time limitation and trade-off. we will published this in a very
near time =) ..

Mohd Adib Sarijari
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia