[Discuss-gnuradio] Issues in burning UHD images into SD card.

From: sumitstop
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues in burning UHD images into SD card.
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I unluckily formatted the SD card given with USRP2 package.
Now I am not knowing where to start.I have to use Matlab with USRP2.
I went through the forums and I found that through UHD one can make the
USRP2 interact with GNURadio,Labview,Matlab.For this UHD needed to be burnt
on the SD card.

Hence i downloaded it through the following link

git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git

It said "initialized empty Git repository in /home/cogwsn/uhd/.git/"

After that i checked that folder named uhd.

There were four sub-folders in side that folder named
firmware,fpga,host,imaes and a file also named fix-copyright-years.

My question is that shall I burn all of them to the SD card using the
command

sudo <install-path>/share/uhd/utils/usrp2_card_burner_gui.py

1.If no then what has to be burnt and how.

2.If yes then I actually tried the above command but the GUI which popped
out gives option to select the firmware and fpga images only.

I already have downloaded the firmware and fpga images from the link

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries

The fpga image file is --->>>>Raw Ethernet      rel-20100603    d488c6b2
June 3,
2010
and the firmware image file is --- >>>> Raw Ethernet, with XCVR2450
v3.3.1git       Jun 08, 2010

I have XCVR2450 daughter board with me and I am using ubuntu10.10.
I have landed in a total confusion.Wish i could havn't formatted the card :(

I will appreciate very much if someone will tell me a step by step approach.
(I am a windows guy and this ubuntu is giving a lot of pain :-(    )

I am desperate to run my code and transmit data through USRP2 but since 2
days I am not even able to make the device working.
 :-(

-----
Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant