Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to instantiate uhd usrp sink in C++

From: ragh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to instantiate uhd usrp sink in C++
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:33:16 -0700

Hello again,

I am having trouble setting the io_type to the uhd_make_usrp_sink function. This is likely due to my unfamiliarity with C++.

The error printed on the screen:
"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
  what(): itemsize mismatch: sig_source_c(1):0 using 8, gr uhd usrp sink(2):0 using 2
Aborted"

I am connecting the uhd_usrp_sink to a sig_source_c. Here is the troublesome code that I use to setup the uhd_usrp_sink:
uhd::device_addr_t addr; //I assume this defaults to ""
uhd::io_type_t type(2); //I want this to be COMPLEX_FLOAT32, but don't know how to
gr_uhd_usrp_sink_sptr usrp_sink = uhd_make_usrp_sink(addr,type,1);

Thanks for your help.

On 13 May 2011 10:42,  wrote:

On 05/13/2011 05:56 AM,  wrote:
> Perhaps my question was not too clear. I am looking for an example that uses
> gr-uhd in C++. I may be wrong but uhd/host/examples contain standalone UHD
> examples that do not use Gnuradio.

Include gr_uhd_usrp_source.h or gr_uhd_usrp_sink.h, call the factory
function uhd_make_usrp_sink or uhd_make_usrp_source, and call functions
on that object.

http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/gr-uhd/include

-Josh