[Discuss-gnuradio] F14 GR traditional usrp install (no uhd)

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] F14 GR traditional usrp install (no uhd)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 21:01:51 +0300

Hi all,

I really screwed up today when I upgraded from F13 to F14 result, no network, access denied to every device (RAID), etc.
I was able to burn (backup) sources to disk and then formatted from latest F14.

I run into probs when installing the traditional USRP1 without uhd. Configure seems to expect sdcc v2 but the latest is 3.
Another observation, configure used to build both USRP1/2. Now USRP2 seems to be the only availabel by default, that is understandable.

Snips from terminal output:

./configure --enable-usrp --enable-gr-usrp

configure: Using LIBUSB version 'libusb'
checking for sdcc... sdcc -mmcs51 --no-xinit-opt
checking for asx8051... no
USRP requires sdcc version 2. sdcc not found. See http://sdcc.sf.net
Unable to find firmware compiler SDCC.
configure: error: Component usrp has errors; stopping.

sdcc -v
SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08 3.0.0 #6037 (Mar 20 2011) (Linux)
I suspect this is the problem, 2 vs 3?

Another snip from terminal output:
./bootstrap
./configure

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

usrp2-firmware

These components will not be built.
The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
volk
gnuradio-core
usrp2
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gnuradio-examples
grc
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
usrp
gr-usrp
gr-gcell
gr-comedi
gr-gpio
gr-radar-mono
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gr-uhd

These components will not be built.

Configured GNU Radio release v3.4.0git-139-gf53fef3d for build.
Patrik