Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 16:32:32 +0100

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Steve Mcmahon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello:

Currently GNU Radio 3.3 only supports SDCC 2.9. It does not yet support SDCC 3.x. Why is this? What changed in the newer 3.x releases of SDCC? What would need to change in GNU Radio to enable support for SDCC 3.x? Is it worth doing that work? What would GNU Radio gain by supporting SDCC 3.x? There must be some new features or capabilities in SDCC 3 that would be useful to GNU Radio...

Steve McMahon

It's unlikely that SDCC 3.x brings anything to the table that we need. Since, as Marcus already said, SDCC is only used in the USRP code, it has very little impact on the project, especially considering that we are moving towards UHD, which does not depend on SDCC.

Tom