Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] To implement WiMAX with GnuRadio or not?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] To implement WiMAX with GnuRadio or not?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:23:34 -0400

Alexander is asking excellent questions and I'm surprised at the tepid response -- he's got like 4 replies so far? He's the prototype GNU radio user who needs to maintain his group's IP, he should be receiving "how to's", not "INALs". -Jeff
Actually, IANAL is a perfectly-valid response. IP licensing arrangements are complicated and studded with sinkholes and minefields.

I've avoided the issue (I hope!) in my proprietary "stuff" that uses Gnu Radio by doing two things:

o minimizing the "stuff" that I do inside the flow-graph if I can conveniently do it outside o speaking to the flowgraph via named pipes and moving the proprietary and user-goop into non Gnu Radio compiled
        code.

This is probably the safest thing that somebody who isn't a lawyer can do without consulting an (expensive) IPR lawyer.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator