Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA mo

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA mo
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 13:04:32 -0400

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether to post this to GnuRadio or to USRP-users, so I
post it here.

We've started a project to implement a custom SDR hardware (which we
plan to open-source later) and we want to reuse as much of USRP FPGA
code as possible. But it will require a good deal of customization as
well.

So, we're looking for an advice on how to structure our relations with
the upstream (i.e. GnuRadio/USRP) the best way. I.e. where should we
place our code and how to ensure our code will be accepted to the
mainline, etc?

I can't answer the questions about where to best place the code in the tree, but maintaining compatibility with the UHD wire protocol and API would really help make it easy to integrate into Gnu Radio. Matt can comment on
  UHD licensing for projects like this, I'm sure.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator