Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gfortran-4.2.1 build 5666.3 for Xcode 4.0.2 on Ma

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gfortran-4.2.1 build 5666.3 for Xcode 4.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.7
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 23:04:40 +0200

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Elvis Dowson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>       One of the build dependencies for gnuradio on Mac OS X 10.6.7 is a
> version of gfortran.
> The compiler supplied with Xcode 4.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.7 is gcc version
> 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3).
> The most recent version of gfortran-4.2.1 that I could find was for build
> 5664.
> http://r.research.att.com/tools/
> Is there a way to build gfortran, to match the currently install gcc
> compiler build from sources from the apple website:
> http://opensource.apple.com/release/developer-tools-40/
> http://opensource.apple.com/source/gcc/gcc-5666.3/

Hi Elvis,

Can you see which package requires fortran?
It sounds like a false dependency and if there actually is something
that requires fortran it might not be important.

I looked through my config.log file but the only place where I see
reference to fortran is where gcc reports that it has been compiled
with fortran support.

Alex