Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fusb: (rd status -2) No such file or directory

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fusb: (rd status -2) No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 19:27:53 -0700

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Brett L. Trotter <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've seen the error with both fusb tech libusb1 and 0.1 as well as on
> various desktops and laptops and operating systems from various vendors.
> For what its worth, our USRPs are low serial number (no software serial,
> physical serial around 250). I don't know if that makes a difference.

I can see the course of events that are happening, but when something
goes wrong, is there an error code or message? Something like, "Shut
'er down Clancy, she's pumping mud!"

The message "fusb: (rd status -2) No such file or directory" is a
gnuradio error message specific to libusb-0.1. I'm curious about
errors being generated by libusb-1.0, which would be more helpful for
debugging purposes.

When you attempt to reestablish a USB connection after a crash, it
tells you something no? or does it silently hang?

  Thomas