[Discuss-gnuradio] sample wise execution of blocks in grc flow graph?

From: Henry Matt
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] sample wise execution of blocks in grc flow graph?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have made a custom block derived from gr_block which has two inputs. First input comes at a sampling rate of 20 samples/sec while the other input comes from the gr_noise_source block. Now, my question is: what will be the sampling rate at my custom block output? Is it also 20 samples/sec? If not then how can I make it 20 samples/sec. Also,  my custom block needs to operate on sample by sample basis not on chunks of noutput_items. In other words, the custom block should produce an output sample after every 50mS (and not before) when both inputs arrive and that output value then should stay there for another 50mS until next input samples for two inputs arrive and new output is computed.

Thanks in anticipation,
H.