Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help: CIR measurement problems using usrp_sounder

From: Rickard Radio
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help: CIR measurement problems using usrp_sounder.py
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:24:43 +0200

On Jun 15, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 00:22, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

IIRC, the bottom line was that no, gr_sounder is not really useful. In
particular, it has no means of synchronisation and therefore the result
is too noŃ–sy to be useful.

Should I interpret this that gnuradio_sounder.py in fact is unusable in its current state ?
Or is there is some easy way or fix to actually get some relevant CIR:s out of it?

Reimplementing this application as a custom FPGA build for the E and N series USRPs and the UHD, with synchronization, is "on the list."

Johnathan

That should be very usable and raise the interest of GnuRadio for many I believe.  I hope its "high on the list"  :-)

Rickard