Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in installing GnuRadio by script.

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in installing GnuRadio by script.
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

And a new error came

Fetching Gnu Radio via GIT...Done
Fetching UHD via GIT...Done
Building UHD...Done building/installing UHD
Fetching and installing FPGA/Firmware images via wget...
...Installing from:
tar: Old option `f' requires an argument.
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.
There was a problem with the TAR file:
The appropriate directories were not unpacked from it
In particular, UHD.../share/uhd/images does not exist

sumitstop wrote:

> Hi Marcus you were right.I just came to know that git protocol was not
> working for some reasons in my institute.
> Replacing with the link told by  Chris worked finally :)
>
> Marcus D. Leech wrote:
>>
>> On 27/06/2011 3:29 PM, Christopher Dean wrote:
>>> Hi Sumit,
>>>
>>> There are two links that we can use to access the current version of
>>> the GNU Radio source:  git://gnuradio.org/gnuradio and
>>> http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git .
>>>
>>> As of now, the second link does not work for me, but the first one
>>> does. You might be able to fix your problem by finding the line in the
>>> script where you try to git the source code, and replace it with :
>>> "git clone git://gnuradio.org/gnuradio", excluding quotation marks.
>>>
>>> This information is from:
>>> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Download .
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>>
>>> Chris
>> And it's funny because I used the "http:" version in the build-gnuradio
>> script specifically because some peoples local firewall rules
>>    preclude the use of the GIT protocol.  Sigh.
>>
>> Perhaps I'll update the script to try both methods.

-----
Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant
Communication Research center