Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] plotter_base.py problem

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] plotter_base.py problem
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:11:58 -0400

On 19/07/2011 8:50 AM, Miguel A. Vallejo, EA4EOZ wrote:

Completely agree. Why use a monster like OpenGL to make simple 2D graphics?

Gnu Radio swallowed the OpenGL monster "by proxy" when we opted to use WxPython, and the plotting/graphing widgets
  in WxPython happen to use OpenGL for rendering.

The Qt stuff that is being worked on uses a different rendering machinery, I believe, so once it's fleshed out and made at least as functional as the WxPython stuff we use, then perhaps we won't run into weird OpenGL rendering issues anymore.