[Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting to USRP2 with Thinkpad T61 and UHD

From: Allen Vinegar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting to USRP2 with Thinkpad T61 and UHD
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:23:08 -0400

I have a working configuration with my desktop computer but can't seem to get it to work with the laptop. When I connect the USRP2 to the ethernet port (Gigabit) (configured for 192.168.10.1) the link light fails to go on. I added a second Gigabit interface using a USB to Gigabit internet dongle at 192.168.10.3. This now shows up as eth1. When I plug the USRP2 into it the green link light comes on but no activity. Next I take the network cable connected to my router from the desktop computer and plug it into eth0. I see a link and activity, eth1 shows a link but no activity. Next I reverse the two cables, The router cable is plugged into eth1 the link light is on with activity. The USRP2 is plugged into eth0 and there is no link at all. Does any one have any ideas on what is going on? Thank you.

Al W8KHP