Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: No USRPs found on interface eth0

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: No USRPs found on interface eth0
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:58:33 -0400

On 07/22/2011 07:14 PM, vivek thotla wrote:
Hello Nick,

I uninstalled everything and was going through the build guide to install gnuradio and I got this error this time:

./bootstrap
./bootstrap: 25: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 26: autoconf: not found
./bootstrap: 27: autoheader: not found
./bootstrap: 28: libtoolize: not found
./bootstrap: 29: automake: not found
./bootstrap: 25: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 26: autoconf: not found
./bootstrap: 27: autoheader: not found
./bootstrap: 29: automake: not found
./bootstrap: 26: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 27: autoconf: not found
./bootstrap: 28: autoheader: not found
./bootstrap: 29: libtoolize: not found
./bootstrap: 30: automake: not found

I could not solve this one, So I got another EEE PC, which dint have gnu radio before, I installed gnuradio in that and I got the same error as I mentioned in the first message.

I'm going to recommend that you start fresh, using the build-gnuradio script:

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

Which will download, build, and install everything, including putting UHD firmware images in /usr/local/share/uhd images.

If you have no prior investment in the "classic" API for USRP2, then you really, really, ought to be using UHD.  The build-gnuradio script
  generally makes it quite straightforward.  It does take a long time to run, since it has to download not only the source code for
  UHD and Gnu Radio, but also all the pre-requisites for building Gnu Radio and UHD.

Also, an EEE PC 1015PX isn't likely to have stellar performance.  It will perhaps allow you to get your feet wet, and perhaps, for lightweight
  flow-graphs, process as much as 2GHz of bandwidth.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator