Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph

From: Michael Höin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:20:09 +0200

Thanks for all replies.

> This seems very unexpected.
> Can you attach a python script that demonstrates the problem?

This is the workflow with the problem:
www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/Flow.py

With the command:
diff -u test1.txt test.txt | diffstat
after two runs I searched in the vector-sinks the differences. Typically
blocks of some thousand samples were at the output of the
(self.ofdm_symbole,0) loss.
Completness the sourcecode of my two blocks:
www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/howto_ofdm_symbol_cutter_cc.cc
www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/howto_framestart_detecter_cc.cc
This is the file for the file-source:
http://www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/Record1.dat

> Are you resizing the udp socket buffer?
Is this important? How can I do that?

I tried also "sudo nice -n -20 ./Flow.py" but the problem was still the
same.
With the command "top" I see that no memory-use increases or something
like that.

Thanks for your help.
Michael