[Discuss-gnuradio] Install issues - missing examples

From: Andrew Spielberg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install issues - missing examples
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 05:59:26 -0700

Hello all,

I am having trouble with the install of gnuradio.  First, this is what I have installed, and I am pulling from nightly repo.

Ubuntu Natty Narwhal (11.04)
g++ 4.5
git-core 1.7.4.1-3
make
autoconf 2.67-2ubuntu1
automake 1:1.11.1-1ubuntu1
sdcc 2.9.0-5
guile 1.8.7+1-3ubuntu3
ccache 3.1.3-1
python-dev 2.7.1-0ubuntu5
libfftw3-3(and -dev) 3.2.2-1
libcppunit 1.12.1-1build1
libcppunit-dev 1.12.1-1build1
Boost C++ libraries (1.42.0-4ubuntu2)
libusb-1.0-0   2:1.0.8-2
libusb-dev     2:0.1.12-17
wx-common 2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8
python-wxgtk2.8 2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8
python-numpy 1:1.5.1-1ubuntu2
alsa-base 1.0.24_dfsg-0ubuntu1
libqt3-mt-dev 3:3.3.8-b-7ubuntu3
libsdl1.2-dev 1.2.14-6.1ubuntu3
libgsl0-dev 1.14+dfsg-1
swig 1.3.40-3ubuntu1
libqwt5-qt4-dev (and the 3d counterpart) 5.20-1build1
python-scipy 0.8.0+dfsg1-1ubuntu1
python-matplotlib 0.99.3-1ubuntu4
python-tk 2.7-2ubuntu2

I have doxygen but not octave.

After ./configure, I get the following message:

******************************
***************************************
The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
volk
gnuradio-core
usrp
usrp2
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gpio
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radar-mono
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gnuradio-examples
grc
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
gr-gcell
gr-comedi
gr-uhd

Which matches almost exactly with what the faq says might happen, except for the last one.  I don't know if that's an issue or not.

then I make.

First when I ran the python test code, dial_tone.py, it broke (I did not save the error message, unfortunately).  So uninstalled, cleaned the git repo, and did it all from scratch.  Now, when I go to test in the audio example dial_tone.py, it isn't there!  NO test files are!
Does anyone know what the reason for this might be?  And based on the make check, does it seem like my install will be okay?

Thank you very much for your time,
Andy S.