Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Internal delays (due to clock path, ...) & jitter

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Internal delays (due to clock path, ...) & jitter, between tx e rx path in USRP 1 device
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:57:07 -0400

On 29/07/2011 8:42 AM, Mattia Rizzi wrote:
Hello.
Are there some people from Ettus Research?
I have an USRP 1 device.  Since USRP1 has 64Ms/s for RX and 128Ms/s for TX, after 1/64M of second one sample is acquired and two sample are sent over the air. My question is how the time-offset is between these two stream (in % of clock period) and how is the jitter. Thank you.

Normally, the TX path and RX would only be connected through the host computer software--either "roll your own+UHD" or with,
 Gnu Radio. So making any kind of statements about latency and jitter would be pretty difficult.

The TX and RX sampling and RF PLL clocks are all slaved to the 64MHz master clock on the USRP1, if that's helpful information.
  But RX-to-TX jitter and latency information is something that is highly, highly, highly, dependent on the host side of things.