Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_usrp

From: john
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_usrp
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 03:14:02 +1200

On Sat, 2011-07-30 at 09:29 -0400, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> On 07/30/2011 02:53 AM, john wrote:
> > Have USRP1 on Ububtu 10.04 and have latest UHD (003.002.000) and latest
> > GNURadio ( v3.4.0-113).
> >
> > While some of the daughterboards are supported on GNURadio, the later
> > ones I have need UHD and Marcus has been championing the move to UHD.
> >
> > > From the doxygen I see that: uhd::usrp::multi_usrp
> > is quite a useful class (and I think one of the gurus has touted it's
> > benefits) and can be used for single as well as multiple USRPs but am
> > struggling to find UHD USRP1 examples which use this class from Python.
> > There is multi_usrp_oscope and it's cfile twin but they don't (need to)
> > do much with tx and rx daughter-cards which have more agility in USRP1.
> >
> > Is anyone aware of such examples?
> >
> > I am making the bold assumption that the plumbing (SWIG) is in place for
> > this class?
> >
> >      Kind Regards,
> >
> >                 John

> The best way I've found is to use GRC to lay out a prototypical
> flow-graph, and then look at the Python generated.
>
> There just aren't a lot of UHD examples out there, unfortunately.  There
> may be some stuff up on CGRAN, but using
>    GRC as an "example generator" I've found to be quite instructive and
> useful.

Thanks Marcus. Yes, that technique is quite useful - particularly in
setting up channels, addressing etc. however, in terms of giving the
board ID of the RX/TX on either 'side' of a USRP1 it is not so great.
Yes, you can readily get frequency range/antenna/gain but I need a bit
more.

             Kind Regards,

                     John