Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] raw input data for those without hardware

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] raw input data for those without hardware
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 21:56:23 -0700

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Nick Foster <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 14:21 -0700, Ben Reynwar wrote:
>> I don't have any hardware and am looking for some raw input data to
>> play with.  It doesn't really matter what.  Where are good places to
>> find this?
>>
>> I faintly remember people asking this question here before, but
>> haven't come up with the right search terms to bring up those emails.
>
> Ben,
>
> Anything in particular you're looking for? If you tell me what
> transmission type you're interested in, I'm happy to put up some
> recordings, presuming I can hear it from where I am.
>
> --n
>

>> Cheers,
>> Ben

I'm wanting to have a play with gnuradio with some real data, rather
than make-pretend software generated stuff, but don't have any
particular transmission type in mind.  I thought there were a couple
of websites where people had uploaded some dumps of various things,
but perhaps I'm wrong.

To be honest, I don't have a good idea of how complicated the common
transmission types are.  I'd like to have a crack at something digital
but other than that it would probably be best to be as simple as
possible.