[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio selecting jack automatically over ALSA ?

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio selecting jack automatically over ALSA ?
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 13:03:27 +0100

Hi Folks,

Finally got around to compiling the latest git version of gnuradio,
(well from August 4th), so I can try out my new FunCube dongle.

Got it all compiled and configured to my satisfaction. Was surprised
to see it try and start jackd when I fired up Alex's FCD sample
application.

I was about to blame Alex for not handling the case where jack is
present correctly, but double checked by just using an audio source,
and sure enough, it attempted again to fire up jack...

So I dug around, and found the audio_module = option in the config
file, and changed it from auto, to alsa. Same thing happened...

Triple checked with an strace of the companion that it did actually
read the file I thought it did, and yes, it did.

Anyone know of another way for me to (temporarily) force it to use
pure ALSA rather than jack (I actually don't want jack permanently
disabled, as I do use it when doing audio stuff)

Or have I missed something obvious ?

Best Regards

Iain