Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and UHD

From: Brenden Smith
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and UHD
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:01:36 -0500

Thank you two for the prompt reply. I had forgotten to set the static IP address and once I did the problem resolved. Thank you again
Brenden

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Matthias Wilhelm <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 10.08.2011 um 18:13 schrieb Brenden Smith:

> Hello list,
>
> I just burned the latest UHD firmware onto the SD card I am using with my USRP2, and when I use the "uhd_find_devices" command I am told that no devices are found. Previously I had been using the stock firmware and I could find the USRP2 by using the 'find_usrps' command. When I use the 'uhd_find_devices' command the orange light on the Ethernet port (on the USRP2) lights up briefly and then nothing happens. When I boot up the device I get a sequence of three LEDs lighting up then a flash and the right bottom two light remain lit. Any help with this matter would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Brenden

Your SD card seems to boot ok. The problem may be the network settings at the host.
The old version used raw ethernet frames, so only the correct network device ethX was required. However, the new version uses standard IP, so you have to set the network parameters correctly, as described in
You need to be in the right network (192.168.10.0/24) to find the USRP2.

Regards,
Matthias