Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to update FPGA in E100

From: yooxi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to update FPGA in E100
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We are using USRP-E100, but that requires us to find a Xilinx ISE first.
We will go on that but since we can get a USRP1,
we want to know how to update FPGA on USRP1 too.

We have already successfully compiled it in Quartus, and we want to have
a test first.
The file and the only file we have modified is the usrp_std.v and we
complied the project usrp_std.qpf.
No file under fpga/usrp1/toplevel/usrp_std/ is similar to that
under /usr/share/uhd/images.
But instruction says
The UHD will always search <install-path>/share/uhd/images for image
files
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/images.html#archive-install

What files do we need to copy and to which place should we copy them from
fpga/usrp1/toplevel/usrp_std/?
Previously, we will compile a project and load it to the device through
JTAG.
For USRP1, what should we do?

Thanks,
Yooxi

On 08/25/2011 03:41 PM, xi yang wrote:
> Hi, Philip,
>
> Thanks!
> If I got a USRP1, what files do I need to copy to /usr/share/uhd/images ?
> And that's it? No additional operations?

Are you using a USRP1 or a USRP-E100?

Philip