Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] minor bug

From: Dimitris Symeonidis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] minor bug
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:08:14 +0200

On 27 August 2011 23:10, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Dimitris Symeonidis <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I noticed that the "docs" component passes the configuration tests
>> even without doxygen installed. This on Ubuntu 11.04, latest gnuradio
>> from git master.
>
> That might actually be on purpose, since there is more in the docs
> than just the Doxygen-generated stuff. Does this generate and failures
> during make, make check, or make distcheck for you?

No, no errors in make && make check.

Make distcheck gives me an (irrelevant) error in gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig:
*** No rule to make target `guile/gnuradio_core_filter.cc', needed by
`distdir'.  Stop.
Is this just me?

>> Also, it seems fort77 is no longer a dependency, not sure when it went
>> away...
>
> Yeah, I don't recall why we had fort77 as a dependency. If it really
> isn't necessary, it shouldn't be listed.

This used to be required in order for ./configure to check for the
existence of the python headers (python-dev), or else ./configure
would claim that Python.h is missing.
Here's what I blogged almost exactly 2 years ago about this:
http://sdrblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/22/building-from-source-now-also-needs-fortran-compiler/