[Discuss-gnuradio] Almost working

From: Greg Le Sage
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Almost working
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 16:57:38 -0400

The revised build-gnuradio.sh produced no errors on my Fedora 14 installation. It does handle the changes to the web site holding the FPGA and firmware, so I did not need to append /old to the web link in the script anymore. None of the errors from yesterday popped up at all. The GRC programs show the right icons now. When I try to run any of them, I receive the error

"Cannot import gnuradio. Are your PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly?"

I read a bunch about this problem this morning and tried the following.

python -c "import sys; print sys.path"

All of the /python2.7/site-packages seem to be in there already, but I also did

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages

This did not add anything to PYTHONPATH when I examined it, so I think that is already set correctly.

Next I did

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

These were the steps I found in previous discussions.

I still receive the same error message when I try to run any of the GRC programs.

When I do

echo ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

the list does include /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib

I set up a custom script in /etc/profile.d with the following

export PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib"

I verified that these values were present using

echo ${PYTHONPATH} and

echo ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

GRC still gives the same error, and more confusingly, my working installation on Ubuntu shows blank lines with the above echo commands.

It also seems to me that these path variables need to point to lots more places. I will keep reading.

Sorry for not being more familiar with Linux.

Can someone give me advice on addressing the error presented by GRC for Fedora 14?

Thanks!