Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems while using UHD based API's

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems while using UHD based API's
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:49:35 -0700

On 09/05/2011 11:28 AM, sumitstop wrote:

> Yesterday I installed GnuRadio with Marcus script in some PC's.Burnt the SD
> card with images in the folder
>
> /usr/local/share/uhd/images
>
> and uhd_find_devices found all my 3 usrp2.
>
> But when I tried to run uhd_fft it displayed that
> "FPGA build of the device is incompatible with the host code build."
>
> Then I went to another PC where I installed GnuRadio using Marcus script 2
> months back.I burnt the fpga and firmware file from that system from the
> same folder and uhd_fft worked well in that system.I was able to see the
> spectrum.
>
> Where I am wrong..... :confused:

Marcus can comment on his script...

For each release there is a set of compatible images. Also, all of the
development happens on the master branch, so if you update your host
code to the latest master branch, you will often have to update the
images package. The host code will perform a compatibility check and
throw an exception if the compatibility does not match.

Images and release binaries can be found here (including images that
will work with the latest master branch):
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Binary-downloads

> I would like to know if all the UHD based API's has been appended with
> "UHD"?
> i.e uhd_find_devices etc

These are not APIs, they are executable files; and generally they have
this naming convention.

> I would also like to know that are the python scripts also been classified
> according to UHD based and Raw ethernet Driver based.If yes then how can I
> know.

Most often, they have the name usrp2 in them.

-josh