Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio component directory structure

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio component directory structure
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:14:20 +0200

I'd like to point out a disadvantage to get a discussion going:
While you're developing, this might be an inconvenience because the
files are physically separated. Most IDEs/editors have many features
such as tagging, switching from headers to sources and vice versa, 'go
to file at cursor' commands etc. If half of the files are somewhere
else, one has to set up the editor specifically for this dir structure
to do all of this.

Also, ...

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 06:12:56PM -0400, Josh Blum wrote:
> This is the currently recommended directory structure:
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Development2#Top-level-Directory-Structure
>
> I think there has been some wavering around an "include" directory. I
> personally like the idea of an include directory because:
>
> 1) It separates publicly installed headers vs private headers in the lib
> directory.
>
> 2) Its a cleaner separation of API and implementation.

This are good points, but also a matter of taste, and...

> 3) Its easier to point doxygen to the public headers and keep it from
> parsing everything in "lib".

...I wonder if this really a problem if cmake has a list of public
include files anyway.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)