Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for books and online courses on gnuradio?

From: Nazmul Islam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for books and online courses on gnuradio?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:45:24 -0400

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Nazmul

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Nazmul Islam <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Tom,

I think that both your and Wyglinski's book uses Python code based examples. WINLAB has recently switched to UHD recently. UHD uses C++ based codes for the application. Is there any book that contains GNUradio examples for UHD based C++ codes?

Thanks,

Nazmul

We are switching everything in GNU Radio over to using UHD, so all of the old examples and any new examples will use UHD in GNU Radio through the standard Python interface.

You can also look at the code for gr-uhd and how we use it in GNU Radio.

Tom

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Nazmul Islam
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This is Nazmul, a PhD student of Wireless Info. & Networking Lab of ECE,
> Rutgers University. I need to use GNUradio in UHD platform to implement some
> wireless communication algorithms. I have two very general questions.
>
> 1. Do you know of any book that focuses mostly on software defined radio
> with GNUradio? I found one
> (http://www.amazon.com/Software-Defined-Radio-GNU-USRP/dp/0071498834) but it
> is out of print! :S
>
> 2. Do you know of any online course that focuses on GNU radio?
>
> Basically, I am a beginner in software defined radio research. I am coming
> from mostly theoretical wireless communication background and I have some
> limited programming language experiences (C/C++, Matlab). I will really
> appreciate if you can even suggest some general books/online courses on
> software defined radio that might help me. I am probably asking some
> elementary questions but any of your feedback will be really helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nazmul

Nazmul,

Search back in the archives on this topic as it has come up a lot. The
short answer is that there is no book dedicated to this topic, and the
one you pointed out was never published (and I don't know why Amazon
keeps it on its website). There are a couple, but instead of rehashing
this conversation, please look for the past discussions of this topic.

Tom

--
Muhammad Nazmul Islam

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.