Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Usrp2+Wbx firmware issue

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Usrp2+Wbx firmware issue
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 05:32:02 -0700 (PDT)

Because programs written for UHD and and raw ethernet drivers are not
compatible with each other.

usrp2_probe works only with raw ethernet drivers while uhd_find_devices
works only when UHD is on your SD card.

In case of UHD thing on your SD card the uhd_fft.py shd work fine.

If you are using TVRX daughter board then only UHD support is there for it.

What error messages are you getting.

filomena wrote:

> Hi , I'm Filomena . I'm trying to use the USRP2 + WBX on linux ubuntu
> 11.04 but I have a problem!
>
> When I load the  firmware " txrx_wbx_raw_eth_20100608.bin " and the fpga
> "u2_rev3-20100603.bin"on the SDcard (via usrp2 card burner), I can
>
> find the device with the command "Usrp2_probe", but "uhd_find_devices" and
> "uhd_usrp_probe" can't find it.
>
> Moreover, the devices doesn't answer if I try via ping (destination IP=
> 192.168.10.2).
>
> Instead, if I use firmware and fpga downloaded from
> http://files.ettus.com/uhd_releases/master_images/ (newer version),I can
>
> comunicate via ping with the device , "uhd_find_devices" and "
> uhd_usrp_probe work correcty, but "usrp2_probe" fails.
>
> in both of these cases, when I try to run "uhd_fft.py", it doesn't work.
>
> There is a firmware version that can solve all these problems, or i have
> to do any other procedures to make "uhd_fft.py" work correctly?

-----
Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant
Communication Research center